Happy National Margarita Day!
Ms. China Moon’s Mean Green Moon-a-Rita for Feb. 22nd is the mid-week DOTW recipe today.
You’ll be needing the following:
1) 2 oz. Blanco Tequila
2) .50-.75 oz. Triple Sec/Orange Liqueur
3) Blue Agave syrup or nectar
4) Juice of half a lime
5) Any 2-berries you want (I chose blueberries & raspberries for sweet & slight tartness)
6) Mean-Green Margarita salt
7) Pint glass or Margarita glass
Rim your glass by rotating half or the whole rim in lime juice and dipping in margarita salt; shake off excess. Set aside.
In a Boston shaker, muddle your berries, syrup/nectar and a sliver of lime.
Add ice, tequila and triple sec with the juice of half a lime.
* * * SHAKE *** SHAKE *** SHAKE * * *
Take your Hawthorne & strain into your rimmed glass.
Top with ginger ale and garnish with a lime wedge.
ENJOY! CHEERS! SALUD!
* * * Click the photo below for the How-To video! * * *
National Margarita Day
What’s Up mi gente?! Ms. China has been crowned Bartender of the Month courtesy of BarProducts.com! I must give them a reciprocal shout out as I’ve been purchasing their long lasting, durable and eye-catching bar products since 2007.
How. Cool. Is. This?!
This week’s D.O.T.W.* is the 3-Legged Monkey; this cocktail includes Crown, Amaretto & Pineapple juice. Check our the recipe below and the write up on yours truly on BarProducts.com.
Signature Cocktail: The 3-Legged Monkey
- 1.5 oz. Canadian Whiskey (Crown Royal)
- 0.75 oz. Amaretto
- 1.0 oz. Pineapple Juice
Combine all ingredients over ice, shake and strain into a rocks glass. You should have a nice froth on top!
Garnish with a cherry and enjoy!
* * * Click HERE for the How-To video! * * *
The 3-Legged Monkey
D.O.T.W.* = Drink of the Week
Happy Valentine’s Day mi gente! This week’s Drink of the Week video is “Bastille’s Pinch.” It’s an uncomplicated highball being as the ingredients are:
- 2 fingers of Bastille Whisky
- Dribbles of maraschino cherry juice
- Lemon peel
- Maraschino Cherry (stemmed)
In a mixing glass add 1.5-2 oz. of Bastille. Dribble in Maraschino cherry juice to taste. STIR. Grab an Old Fashioned glass and add an ice sphere (so as not to dilute as fast as regular ice cubes). Grab your whisky mix and pour over the ice. Pinch your lemon peel over your drink and crease; rub the peel over the rim and drop it in. Add a cherry and enjoy!
Bastille 1789 is a French Whisky and the 1789 is the year of the French Revolution, not the spirit’s origin. You noticed an ‘E’ was “missing”–Whisky‘s made outside of the U.S. omit the ‘E’ while North American whiskies add said extra ‘E.’ I hope you enjoy; questions or comments? Ask!
Respectfully Yours in Hospitality,
China Moon | www.Bartender608.com
Places in Madison WI you can find Bastille 1789:
- Metro Market, 6010 Cottage Grove Rd Madison, WI 53718
- City View Liquor, 6420 Cottage Grove Rd Madison, WI 53718
- Woodman’s Food Market, 3817 Milwaukee St Madison, WI 53714
- Harley’s Liquor, 3838 Atwood Ave Madison, WI 53714
- Rocky’s Liquor Store, 4429 Milwaukee St Madison, WI 53714
Click the photo for the How-To video!
It’s Super Bowl Sunday and I’ve got a smooth cocktail for today’s game to wash down the wings, pizza and crudités when you want to pass on the beer and wine coolers.
Here’s today’s recipe; *click* on the photo for a video to show you how it’s done!
Bowl Me Over:
I was working Frozen Assets serving up some MUCH NEEDED hot chocolate during my day job and guess who I got a couple snapshots with? Buckingham U. Badger!
…my hood was on; it was quite COLD.
Ahh; that’s better!