Happy National Margarita Day!
Ms. China Moon’s Mean Green Moon-a-Rita for Feb. 22nd is the mid-week DOTW recipe today.
You’ll be needing the following:
1) 2 oz. Blanco Tequila
2) .50-.75 oz. Triple Sec/Orange Liqueur
3) Blue Agave syrup or nectar
4) Juice of half a lime
5) Any 2-berries you want (I chose blueberries & raspberries for sweet & slight tartness)
6) Mean-Green Margarita salt
7) Pint glass or Margarita glass
Rim your glass by rotating half or the whole rim in lime juice and dipping in margarita salt; shake off excess. Set aside.
In a Boston shaker, muddle your berries, syrup/nectar and a sliver of lime.
Add ice, tequila and triple sec with the juice of half a lime.
* * * SHAKE *** SHAKE *** SHAKE * * *
Take your Hawthorne & strain into your rimmed glass.
Top with ginger ale and garnish with a lime wedge.
ENJOY! CHEERS! SALUD!
* * * Click the photo below for the How-To video! * * *